Spassky Cathedral in Minusinsk
The Spasa Nerukotvornogo Obraza Cathedral in Minusinsk is the main temple of the Minusinsk deanery and an object of cultural heritage of federal significance. In 1779, the construction of a wooden church began in its place, but in 1803 it was decided that the city needed a stone church.
On October 11, 1814, a new stone church was lit. In the middle of the XIX century, another limit was added to it and the temple became a cathedral. At the beginning of the twentieth century, the cathedral underwent yet another restructuring and took its current form.
In the early 1930s, service at the Spassky Cathedral ceased. In 1933, the bells were dropped, church utensils and valuables were seized, the building was used as a granary. But already in 1943, values were returned to the cathedral, the church Orthodox community was restored, service was resumed. Spassky Cathedral became the only active church in the city. For more than half a century, the Minusinians have not heard the bells of churches, and finally, in 1989, 8 bells weighing from 45 to 320 kg, cast in Abaza, were raised at the belfry of the cathedral. Their manufacturing technology was lost and the bells had a rail sound, so in 2015 new bells were installed, which are controlled from a remote control and they play about twenty tunes.
Temple address: Minusinsk, Komsomolskaya street, 10.