The Kazan Mother of God Cathedral
was opened and separated from the
parish of the Achinsk Trinity Cathedral in 1829.
The Kazan Church was closed on
April 7, 1940. Grain was stored in the church during the World War II.
In 1946, believers asked the
authorities to open a church. Signatures were collected and permission was
obtained. The church was consecrated by Metropolitan Bartholomew (Gorodtsov).
The first service took place on December 19, 1946, on the Feast of Saint
In 2010, the Achinsk Kazan
Cathedral, the only surviving till nowadays Orthodox church, a monument of
Orthodox culture and the center of religious life in the city and region,
celebrated its 180th anniversary.