Zheleznogorsk is a small closed city in the southern part of the Krasnoyarsk Territory. This settlement is located in the foothills of the Ataman ridge, 35 kilometers from Krasnoyarsk. There are special regime military-industrial facilities on the territory of the district, therefore the administrative unit has the status of a closed one. The area of Zheleznogorsk is 456.6 square kilometers, and the population is 84.1 thousand people.
In 1953, more than 200 of the first residential buildings, industrial enterprises and many social facilities were built. After 3 years, the infrastructure of the city was fully ppared, and after 2 years the mining and chemical plant was put into operation. In March 1954, the settlement received city status and 2 names: official - Krasnoyarsk-26, secret - Zheleznogorsk.
What to see:
► The Church of the Archangel Michael is an Orthodox church, the formation of which laid the foundation for the Orthodox faith in Zheleznogorsk.
► Monument to the Heroes of Russia. This composition greets guests at the entrance to the city, it is dedicated to the cohesion and spirit of the people of the city. The construction was installed 30 years after the formation of Zheleznogorsk.
► Zheleznogorsk Operetta Theater - a theater building, the facade of which is decorated with stucco and monograms, and the interior decoration is admired even by sophisticated guests. The theater is designed to receive 300 spectators, for this it is equipped with soft chairs and comfortable lounges.
Photo by Sergey Filinin